[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate Warranty support *Warning*

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:29:39 UTC 2007

On 23/01/07, Jaz Singh <jazee at tds.net> wrote:

> All Seagate drives are 5 year warrantee, at least after 2004.  I have
> purchased many drives before then with 5 year warranty.  The problem is
> that is very difficult to prove/maintain, unless I tape a receipt to
> each drive installed.

Most retailers will issue an invoice at time of purchase detailing
both model and serial numbers of the products you are buying. This is
both an aid to the retailer to stop people returning goods that they
didn't purchase, and also to the customer who has a record of exactly
what was purchased and when. Why not keep all system documention in a
safe place such a ring binder or file? Taping receipts to hardware
seems a little excessive :) Warranties do not degrade - as long as you
comply with the terms and conditions of the warranty, you should not
expect to have problems. I had to recently RMA a Maxtor drive (3yr
warranty) within the EU, and had a newer, larger drive within 10 days.
I've been Seagate-only ever since their warranty was increased to 5yrs
in 2004.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: