[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate Warranty support *Warning*

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:41:46 UTC 2007

> > All Seagate drives are 5 year warrantee, at least after 2004.  I have
> > purchased many drives before then with 5 year warranty.  The problem is
> > that is very difficult to prove/maintain, unless I tape a receipt to
> > each drive installed.

I've never had to have a receipt when I RMA'd a drive.  As long as the
serial number was still under warranty it was honored.  I don't recall
RMAing any Seagates though.  The last few drives I bought have been
Samsung FWIW.  The last drive I RMA'd was a Samsung 160G which didn't
die, but had weird seek errors.  They replaced it without issue and it
has been my main Myth video drive for at least 1.5 - 2 years just
fine.

Jeff