[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate Warranty support *Warning*

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jan 23 23:56:24 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> I had to recently RMA a Maxtor drive (3yr
> warranty) within the EU, and had a newer, larger drive within 10 days.

The only thing that bugs me a bit about Maxtor (although I don't think
it's exclusive to them) is when you do a warranty return, the drive you
get back isn't a brand new one. It's someone else's broken drive that
they've refurbished.  I guess in a sense it's fair, because the drive
you're sending back is used, too, but it doesn't instill much faith that
the replacement will last.