[mythtv-users] Recording Grouping feature in .20 question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jan 24 00:56:24 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 04:10:38PM -0500, A JM wrote:
>> 1) I'm not in front of my box at the moment so I'm assuming that you
>> could add another Storage Group how does Myth deal with multiple
>> groups? would you be able to assign certain recordings to certain
>> groups?
>
> Yes, on the main Storage Groups screen, there is a button/item for adding
> a new Storage Group.  Once you've added one, you can assign recording
> schedules to it.  If you want to move old recordings into that new group,
> just move the files and they'll be found automatically.

Just to make sure the question (as I read it =) is answered.
once you create another group as Chris suggests, you can
select it from the recording options pages. If you created a
"Star Trek" SG, you could go to your Recording Priorities
page in mythfrontend, find Star Trek related titles then
press "I" or Enter for the options page. Go to "Storage
Options" and set the third line to:

   Store in the "Star Trek" recording group

Any new recordings for this rule will try to write to a
directory of the "Star Trek" Storage Groups. If, however,
it records on a slave that doesn't have a directory for
the ST SG, the recording would be written to a directory
of the Default group (rather than failing =).

--  bjm