[mythtv-users] mtd dvd rips failing after .20 upgrade, solution

Todd French toddfrench1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 01:49:49 UTC 2007

I just wanted to post a solution to a problem I had in case anyone else
comes across it, or is trying to search for it.  DVD ripping stopped working
after upgrading to .20 (mythdvd.20-149) on FC5.   mtd.log showed errors
along the lines of this:
"Error: sql query failed: SELECT sync_mode,    use_yv12,     cliptop,
clipbottom,   clipleft,     clipright,    f_resize_h,   f_resize_w,
hq_resize_h,  hq_resize_w,  grow_h,       grow_w,       clip2top,
clip2bottom,  clip2left,    clip2right,   codec,        codec_param,
bitrate,      a_sample_r,   a_bitrate,    input,        name,
two_pass,     tc_param      FROM dvdtranscode WHERE intid = 2 ;"

I tried issuing the above command in mysql directly:
"mysql> SELECT sync_mode,    use_yv12,     cliptop,      clipbottom,
clipleft,     clipright,    f_resize_h,   f_resize_w,   hq_resize_h,
hq_resize_w,  grow_h,       grow_w,       clip2top,     clip2bottom,
clip2left,    clip2right,   codec,        codec_param,  bitrate,
a_sample_r,   a_bitrate,    input,        name,         two_pass,
tc_param      FROM dvdtranscode WHERE intid = 2 ;
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'tc_param' in 'field list'"

Turned out it was just missing the field tc_param.  I created the field as a
varchar(128) default NULL, a complete guess as to those values, but it looks
like it's just a field for extra paramaters for the transcoder.  Just
started ripping again, seems to be working fine again.  If anybody knows the
correct values for that field let me know.

Todd