[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 03:25:56 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Jarod Wilson <lists at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> I don't record very much stuff in sdtv anymore, and part of that which I
> do (mostly BSG and SG-* off SciFi), I greatly prefer myth doing the
> scaling, since its actually 16:9, letterboxed inside 4:3, which mythtv
> makes fit perfectly on my screen, using the full 16:9. ...
>
> --jarod
I know this is a bit of a tangent, but that part about using the full
16:9 on sources which are really 16:9 but stuffed into 4:3 intrigues
me.  Are you manually changing Myth's view mode when you watch (which
I sometimes try), or is there some elusive recording or playback
option I'm missing that will automatically do that by detecting such a
case?  I just hate watching stuff with black bars ALL the way around
now that I have a 16:9 tv.