[mythtv-users] Grayed-out entries in recordings list

Michael LeMay lemaymd at lemaymd.com
Wed Jan 24 03:42:45 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I recently experienced massive corruption on a disk that I dedicated to
mythtv recordings.  It is a 160GB SATA drive with an ext3 partition.  I
believe that it was corrupted after mythtv crashed my system several
times, forcing me to do hard resets each time.  (I have since determined
that running Beryl on my 7600GT alongside myth is the cause of the
crashes)  I was able to repair the corruption using fsck and recover
many of the recordings, but some others were lost entirely, i.e. the
.nuv files were deleted during the repair process.  The problem now is
that I can't delete those recordings from my recordings list.  Their
entries turn gray as I pass over them with the cursor, and they
disappear when I delete them, but then they reappear in the list a few
moments later.  Meanwhile, mythfrontend reports that the "recording file
is missing" on the console an infinite number of times, until I quit
mythfrontend.  Do any of you know how to recover from this sort of
corruption?  Thank you!

 -- Michael