[mythtv-users] questions re Component Out with Nvidia 6150

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Wed Jan 24 03:59:49 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com> wrote:
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
> > Hey all you 5200 vs. 6200 people: where does the 6150 fit in the scheme of all
> > things Myth?
> >
> > It would be sweet to have HD capable video built into the MB.
>
> I have a Myth frontend that uses a 6150 based motherboard with an AMD
> Athlon64 3200+. Enabling XvMC support does not give me much of a CPU
> load reduction. However, since I am able to play back HDTV without XvMC,
> it has not bothered me too much.

Same experience here.

-Athlon 64 single core 3500+
-1GB ram
-nforce 430 + 6150
-output to 1366x768

AND

-Athlon 64 dual core 3800+
-1GB ram
-nforce 430 + 6100
-output to 1366x768

Both can play the 720p test streams here in canberra without drop.
This is operating as a single-box (I set up one for bro in law, one
for me).