[mythtv-users] questions re Component Out with Nvidia 6150

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 24 04:11:50 UTC 2007

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2007, at 22:39, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>
>> Well, that's one yea and one nay. Unfortunately, Paul, Jarod's name
>> has more
>> pull here. :)

I am crushed. :)

> I think its largely a jacked-up video bios, which Asus may well fix
> some day (there's a beta bios available now that I haven't tried,
> since my setup works just fine for me right now). May not be a
> problem with a different TV and/or if you're not using DVI.

I suspect that it a combination of the ASUS A8N-VM CSM BIOS and the
television.

My frontend is an ASUS A8N-VM CSM running MiniMyth (which I maintain)
and connected to the television via DVI-D. I am able to connect with
720p and 1080i resolutions (my television does not support 1080p).
However, I prefer using 1024x768 with the television stretching the
image (essentially anamorphic mode), because I do not like the 720p's
and 1080i's overscan.