[mythtv-users] questions re Component Out with Nvidia 6150

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 24 10:20:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 08:45:18PM -0800, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 2007, at 22:39, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> >
> >> Well, that's one yea and one nay. Unfortunately, Paul, Jarod's name
> >> has more
> >> pull here. :)
> >
> > I think its largely a jacked-up video bios, which Asus may well fix
> > some day (there's a beta bios available now that I haven't tried,
> > since my setup works just fine for me right now). May not be a
> > problem with a different TV and/or if you're not using DVI.
>
> Well after talking to you Jarod, it's pretty clear I want DVI. I'm
> looking at the Westinghouse LVM specs right now...

I'll second the westinghouse LVMs.  I researched the heck out of
HDTV's (in lieu of actually being able to afford one), and the LVMs
are great bang/buck.  Finally bought one and received it today, and
within minutes - thanks to this thread for the modeline and a few
tweaks:

I had 1920x1080p set up (DVI), and I'm impressed with the initial
results.  As a 47" monitor (since it doesn't come with any of that
extra crap like built-in tuners and what-not, it can't really be
called a HDTV in my book), its a bargain.

Regards,
Tim

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby