[mythtv-users] [OT] Video cards

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 24 15:46:08 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking six of one, half-dozen of the other. Both should work
>> just
>> fine for HD and non-HD.
>
> Agreed, but since the 5200 is cheaper and does chroma key not overlay
> and is a little kinder to the earth I think I'd go that way :-)

Hm, would a 5200 w/128MB of RAM really be earth-friendlier than a
6200TC? (I have no idea. :)

> I ordered your book, more to make sure you get some royalties than
> anything else

Woo!

> as it's bound to be out  of date and there's probably
> more info here :-)

Yep. Though I do think a fair amount of the stuff in the book should
remain relevant for some time.

> Have you looked into the "On-Demand" publishers like Trafford?
> Apparently the authors wind up getting substantially more revenue.

Nope, haven't looked into it. I really had no designs to write a book, I
got talked into helping w/this one...

--jarod