[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Jan 24 18:57:22 UTC 2007

Who knows how long this will last.  The cable companies are already
beginning to encrypt the Firewire ports, despite the fact that the same
channels are encrypted on it as on the raw cable.  One supervisor has
already been quoted here as essentially not giving a damn about the FCC
regulations.

So, I'm guessing that they'll probably be encrypting the rebroadcast (on
cable) OTA HD channels pretty soon, and we'll have to hope that companies
like pcHDTV soon have a CableCard-compatible tuner.

The media companies have gotten out of control, but there's little that we
peons can do about it.