[mythtv-users] Something evil broke my D11 Channel Change Script

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jan 25 03:04:56 UTC 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> [mythtv at mythtv ~]$ sudo d11channel.pl 2
> Password:
> Initializing Serial Port...
> Retry Wed Jan 24 16:26:37 2007
> Retry Wed Jan 24 16:26:39 2007
> Retry Wed Jan 24 16:26:41 2007
> Retry Wed Jan 24 16:26:43 2007
> Error excessive retries
>          (in cleanup) Can't call method "opened" on an undefined
> value at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/
> Device/SerialPort.pm line 2020 during global destruction.

I solves my own problem, but should post the resolution so others
don't pull out their hair and become as bald as I am.

Suddenly, without provocation or warning, both of my D11 boxes
suddenly like to talk at 9600 baud. It was working at 115200 baud for
months and now it doesn't. It caused my recorders to fail - just
sometimes. Anyway, changing the script to 9600 baud made everything
very happy again. Huzzah!

-Brad