[mythtv-users] Mythbackend Segfault on Delete SOLVED!!

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:02:53 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> Well, these are two issues: For one you hit some bug in some package
> from kde-redhat, every repo can have a packaging bug, and once you
> enable even a part of it your are exposed to it. My argument is that
> hiding away part of a repo generates more bugs than you would possibly
> avoid.

In general perhaps, but if a package is available from multiple repos
and the one that yum selects by default is broken wrt other rpms on my
system then partial exclusion is essential. A recent example is x264
which broke nuvexport on my system because the freshrpms version
doesn't play well with something else.

I also think it's a good idea to keep getting newer versions of the
same packages from the same repo as the current one, because I already
have high confidence in the packaging. So all my myth dependencies
come from atrpms and if I notice them coming from anywhere else I
exclude them.

Chris