[mythtv-users] using cable freq for broadcast HDTV

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Jan 25 14:17:34 UTC 2007

Dave D wrote:
> Hmm... I tried that... kinda, I set the zap2it ID in mythtv-setup, not
> the frontend.  when I ran mythfilldatabase after the ID was set,
> nothing got populated.  I got a question:
>
> When you mapped your tuner to the local HDTV channels, did you push on
> the "Retrieve Lineup from Source" (or something like that) button?  If
> so, did you have to scan the OTA channels first (I think this is a new
> restriction starting with 0.20)?
I don't believe I use the Retreive Lineup button on my QAM HD lineup.  I
just added the lineup, tied it to the tuner, then scanned for channels
and set the XMLTVIDs.  Once that is done, mythfilldatabase and the guide
information was there.  You should try using the frontend channel editor
to be sure the IDs are right.

Kevin