[mythtv-users] OT: looking for a good ~21" HDTV

denis-carl robidoux deniscarl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:34:22 UTC 2007

In all the hardware I bought over the few last years this is the thing I
regret the less:
The Syncmaster 242MP http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1856856,00.asp
(No, I'm not paid by Samsung nor its retailers to say this).
Somewhat small for a HDTV but it's also a big computer monitor:

Pros: very good monitor, very good HDTV, 1920x1200 pixels, I can switch from
PC1 (DVI) to PC2 (VGA) to Tuner (not atsc though) to Composite or to
ordinary video input without rewiring anything.

Cons: Only one headache: When using 1080i resolution it decides for you how
it will be displayed on 1920x1200 screen (blown to 2133x1200 and cropped on
sides), there is no menu option for you to switch this to anything else. But
you can use your CPU and display a true 1920x1080 image (I do it with XvMC)
with 60 pixels black wide bars on top and on bottom.