[mythtv-users] Transcode loses subtitles

ThomP Pontoppidan thomp3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:16:42 UTC 2007

Hi

I've been experimenting a bit with removing commercials from my
(DVB-t) recordings, following some guides, but I'm running into a
problem; when I transcode the file (lossless mpeg), the subtitles are
lost in the process. I have read that Mytharchive can't handle
DVB-subtitles because of the format used on DVDs, but I wouldn't
expect that to be a general transcode problem?

Is it possible to use the transcode job and keep subtitles, and if so,
how is it done?

Regards
ThomP