[mythtv-users] Cannot get EIT and picture data on same channel

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 00:03:32 UTC 2007

> > I am using DVB-C in the UK.
>
> Good to know I'm not the only one. :) Some oddity in UK standards that
> MythTV doesn't deal with? (Take that with a large grain of salt, I don't
> know nearly enough about the technologies involved.)

In my previous experience, the scan worked very well for DVB-T, you
should check there are no problems with scans in the revisions
surrounding the one you are running as previously I checked out the
*one* revision where DVB scanning was broken and spent several days
trying to figure out the problem.

In my case myth creates several (up to five) different multiplexes on
each frequency, but I have now found if I pick the right one (haven't
found out what makes it the right one) then I can both lock onto the
channel to view it, and get EIT data. I'd love to know what things
like sistandard mean in the channel table, and the difference between
dvb and mpeg.

Robin