[mythtv-users] Direct TV and HD with Myth TV

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Jan 26 02:56:35 UTC 2007

Is there anyone out there recording HD from Directv onto a mythtv
setup?  If so can you please share with me how to do this.  I have heard
about Directv receivers that can output the MPEG4 stream via the
firewire port but I have not been able to find a receiver that will do this.

Any help that will stop my head from spinning and point me in the
direction of what to purchase so I do not waste my money would be
greatly appreciated.