[mythtv-users] Best Ubuntu guide?

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Fri Jan 26 09:46:57 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I'm finally about ready to go with my Myth setup. I should have a Nova-T
card and a nVidia 5200 arriving in the post later today or tomorrow.
While researching MythTV and Ubuntu, I've seen a few guides, but I've
been surprised how different the all seem (I'm sure this is just from
the point of view of a Linux novice. They probably all do exactly the
same things in a slightly different way).
Could someone point me in the right direction to what you consider to be
the best, most straight forward and up to date guides for installing
Myth on Ubuntu. A good basic general guide on getting ready for Myth
(partitions etc) would be useful too.
I'm in the UK if that makes any difference. I'll be installing Ubuntu
from scratch too to make everything 'clean'. I believe 6.10 is the
latest version, so a guide based around that would be good.

Cheers
Damian