[mythtv-users] Mobile Video Player Recommendations (MPEG4)

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:12:49 UTC 2007

> Now if only I could transcode videos to work on my Epson P-2000 which
> refuses every set of options I try.
Looks like MJPEG is the only supported format for the Epson even
though it says MPEG4.

Video File Format
    * Motion JPG
    * Maximum resolution 640 x 480 pixels
    * Minimum resolution 160 x 112 pixels
    * Supported audio CODEC: μ-LAW, A-LAW, PCM
      MPEG-4¹
    * Maximum resolution 640 x 480 pixels
    * Minimum resolution 160 x 112 pixels
    * Supported audio CODEC: AAC, MP3, G726(ADPCM), μ-LAW, A-LAW, PCM

I have a digital picture frame which is supposed to play MPEG4 video.
After emailing tech support I found it only supports MJPEG which are
HUGE when transcoded.  MJPEG is really just a JPG slideshow.

Jeff