[mythtv-users] Mobile Video Player Recommendations (MPEG4)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 26 14:28:20 UTC 2007

O You can get used PDAs that would would
> play video in the $150 range.  I have yet to see a cheap MP3 player
> that plays video, but I expect them soon.  I usually watch at least
> one show a day on my Axim.  It's very convenient and the small screen
> really isn't that small when it's a foot away.

Actually you can get a brand new PDA-sized device that will play
video in the $150 range: The GP2X. The main limitation is that it
does not have a hard drive but you can get a fair amount of video on
a 2GB SD card, and the lack of hard drive certainly helps to increase
battery life.

The GP2X is not sold in the USA but can be ordered easily from
several places that will ship it there. Because it can be classed as
a "game" and not a "computer" duties do not seem to be a problem.

You can get MP4 Digital media players brand new starting at 32.99US,
at least in the USA.