[mythtv-users] Mobile Video Player Recommendations (MPEG4)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 26 15:34:47 UTC 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 8:16 AM, Jeff volckaert wrote:

> I'm sure some people would disagree, but I would just like to say "Try
> it".  A small screen doesn't equal a bad viewing experience.

I didn't mean to say a small screen equals a bad experience, if I
could somehow carry a portable 52" plasma I'd feel the same. Some
small screens though, particularly on inexpensive units, really
stink, but that's true of big screens as well I guess.

It all depends on what you're doing. When I used to commute to NYC by
train I'd watch the morning news on my Zaurus and thus made use of
the time (using a normal TV didn't work well, the tunnels for example
pretty much screwed things up)

Now that I'm retired the only time I leave home for any length of
time is for recreation of some sort, and one of the things I'm trying
to get away from is all the video I suppose, hence the books.

Different strokes for diff... well you get the idea.