[mythtv-users] Mobile Video Player Recommendations (MPEG4)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 26 16:33:23 UTC 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Jeff volckaert wrote:

>   Either way,
> in a few years they will be free with a contract or in the $100 range.
>  Hopefully battery life will get better too.

That''s the big problem IMHO, "with a contract". Usually with a
provider that is not really what you want.

iPhone is using Cingular, or AT&T, or whatever they are this week as
their "sole provider", and coverage from that carrier is extremely
poor where I live.

Do they really expect people to pay enormous cancellation fees to
their present provider in order to get an over-priced battery hogging
device that really offers nothing new in terms of technology? Just
because it looks cool? I suspect not, but stranger things have happened.