[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and previews (crashes backend)

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Jan 26 16:47:49 UTC 2007

I can confirm that I've had nothing but problems with the moving
video thumbnail feature. It seems to work, on the surface, but causes
system instability that can lead to either MFE terminating or the
entire system locking up at random times.

And this isn't just on one machine that this happens for me: it has
caused kernel panics on my Mac laptop (frontend only), which is
otherwise unheard of.

So, to summarize, I believe the problem lies in code in the frontend,
not the backend. And I'm only using SD, not HD.