[mythtv-users] Computer case recoomendations. Silverstone LC16M.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:43:31 UTC 2007

On 26/01/07, Stroller <linux.luser at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Not yet. I'm going to replace my TV in the next week or two, and will
> get cracking on Myth shortly after that. I still don't see anything
> that - to me - beats the Silverstone. The Silverstone isn't perfect
> but I particularly like the door for the optical drive tray - any
> case which requires me to double-sided sticky-tape a rectangle of
> aluminium to get a shiny appearance just isn't going to cut it.

One thing I've noticed with my LC16M is that the optical drive door
mechanism is quite stiff - sometimes stiff enough to stop the drive
door opening. What can happen is the eject mechanism starts, meets the
resistance of the door, then stops and closes the drive door again.

> With regards the questions in your other post I have seen no remarks
> on getting the volume dial & play/rewind buttons working in Linux /
> Myth. Even if those are unresponsive, this still looks like the best
> case to me. I think the display and the remote should be fine, tho' -
> I am sure others on this list are using this case.

I believe I saw a patch for this some time ago on Venky's site
(http://venky.ws/projects/imon/) or linked from it in a forum post. I
think the patch read the signals passed over the USB connection and
gave user control over then. Note I haven't done anything with mine
because everything is control via a separate AV receiver and this case
lives under the TV behind a glass door.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: