[mythtv-users] Question about new streaming options on MythWeb

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 19:53:36 UTC 2007

I've found the posts related to ASX Patch, and Streaming, but I'm
still unclear on a couple of things.

Is there something that explains how this is being done now (I'm on
SVN as of a couple of days ago).

Is it transcoding to something smaller on the fly for transmission over the web?

Are there options for this?

I used to use user jobs to create Flash files depending on the show,
and then those were watchable.  But, they take up a bunch of extra
space where I may, or may not even watch the show.  So, I definitely
like the idea better of on the fly streaming, and my system can handle
it.