[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

Gary M garymcm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 19:58:50 UTC 2007

On 1/26/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> And you're positive the cable is DVI-D and not -A?

Yeah 100% sure. Not only because it says so on the box, but also
because the DVI-A --> VGA dongle works out of the card, but not the
DVD-D cable.

> Heh. Well, if you want to match what I've got, I'm fairly certain
> this is the exact card I've got:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121193
>
> Breakin' the bank at a whopping $36... :)

Hmmm, well I have AGP so here the deviation begins in this fickle game
.... I'll post back with my successes/failure. By the way, I could not
google up any modelines for our monitor (I think that is the more
accurate term for the Westy) and your HD HOW-TO is for analog. I think
I read somewhere else though, that DVI-D gets around the need to mess
with modelines.

--
Gary M