[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jan 26 20:06:53 UTC 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 2:58 PM, Gary M wrote:

> On 1/26/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>

>> And you're positive the cable is DVI-D and not -A?
>>

> Yeah 100% sure. Not only because it says so on the box, but also
> because the DVI-A --> VGA dongle works out of the card, but not the
> DVD-D cable.
>
>> Heh. Well, if you want to match what I've got, I'm fairly certain
>> this is the exact card I've got:
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121193
>>
>> Breakin' the bank at a whopping $36... :)
>>

> Hmmm, well I have AGP so here the deviation begins in this fickle game
> .... I'll post back with my successes/failure. By the way, I could not
> google up any modelines for our monitor (I think that is the more
> accurate term for the Westy) and your HD HOW-TO is for analog. I think
> I read somewhere else though, that DVI-D gets around the need to mess
> with modelines.

In theory, it should w/xorg 7.1, but it didn't when I first hooked up
to this TV (over a year ago and xorg 7.0). I'll have to check and see
if I actually need to specify a modeline anymore. Just the same, here
are the relevant snippets from my xorg.conf:

DisplaySize  820        460
HorizSync    30.0 - 80.0
VertRefresh  50.0 - 75.0
ModeLine     "1920x1080" 148.4 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125

--jarod