[mythtv-users] Ghost image on my PVR-350

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 20:11:52 UTC 2007

On 26/01/07, devsk <funtoos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can confirm that ghosting goes away completely with that parameter. What
> does this parameter do anyway?

Unfortunately I honestly don't know and the ivtv wiki doesn't explain
it either. However, I was reading some posts I uncovered via googling
and it appears that if you set your profiles to capture at
full-resolution for your tv standard (720 x 576 for PAL and 720 x 480
for NTSC) then you shouldn't need to change the temporal_filter
setting from its default of 8 (on kernel 2.6.19) to 0.

HTH

Ver