[mythtv-users] upgrade FC4->FC6 Any issues to be aware of?

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Fri Jan 26 20:30:46 UTC 2007

Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has no one tries this yet?

I've done this upgrade (FC4 -> FC6) via yum.  There were a few things that I had to fix manually, but nothing major.  If you're very comfortable w/ yum / rpm / linux admin, upgrade via yum shouldn't be an issue. Most likely the upgrade from CD would have actually been easier, but I didn't want to waste time downloading the CDs.

It may be possible to do the OS Core upgrade in tandem w/ the ATRpms upgrade, but I just dumped my DB, removed the myth RPMS, upgraded the OS, and then did the yum install mythtv-suite and reloaded the DB.

The only issue that I still have is that for some reason it doesn't detect inserted DVDs / CDs automatically.  I'll probably mess with that one of these days, but it's not a show stopper, so I haven't spent the time.

-b