[mythtv-users] MyBlaster/Serial

R rawgarlic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 22:57:09 UTC 2007

On 1/26/07, Mark Gilmore <markgilmore1322 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/07, R <rawgarlic at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I got a MyBlaster/Serial for my MythTV.
> > Want to use it to change channels on my Satellite STB.
> >
> > Did the chmod 755 on CodeSearch.pl and MyBlaster.pl
> > Changed the port to Com1 because it worked and Com2 did not.
> >
> > Could not find the code for my STB in the MyBlaster Library directory.
> >
> > So I ran CodeSearch.pl on all the codes:
> > TV, CABLE, Video Acc, DSS/Satellite, VCR, Laser Disk,
> > DVD, Tuner/Amp, Amplifier, CD, Home Control
> >

> > CodeSearch.pl found 2 codes:
> >
> > The TV code 717. But with it MyBlaster.pl turns the
> > Power on and off.  That's it.  No channel changes.
> >
> > The DVD code 711.  But with it MyBlaster.pl turns the
> > Power on and off.  Channel changes don't work at all
> > or produce other results like Mute Volume.
> >
> > I'm stuck.
> >
> > How do I make this IR Blaster learn the codes?
>
> Somebody modified the original script to add learning capability.  Take at
> the post by vlado on this page (third one down):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2vldjq
>
> I personally have not tried it yet.

Great, thanks.

I got that version with the learning capability.
I read the note on learning capability.
Tried to make MyBlaster learn the codes from my remote.

The resulting keys file contains:
power = 00000280BF
select = 00000280BF
exit = 00000280BF
1 = 00000280BF
2 = 00000280BF
3 = 00000280BF
4 = 00000280BF
5 = 00000280BF
6 = 00000280BF
7 = 00000280BF
8 = 00000280BF
9 = 00000280BF

Huh.  Why do all the keys have the same code?
So I ran the learning script again for the same keys.
But this time I did NOT even touch my remote control.
Got the exact same results as the above.  Same code for each key.
So it looks like it is not learning/grabbing the IR signals from my
remote.  Correct?

What am I doing wrong?