[mythtv-users] Quiet CPU Cooler Recommendations

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 26 23:05:51 UTC 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 3:50 PM, Rich West wrote:

> I hate to state what might be obvious, but, for a frontend-only
> system,
> you don't need to keep the machine on all of the time.  Just turn
> it off
> when you go to bed.

Or just do what I do, the living room is for watching TV and the BR
is for sleeping (perhaps other things, but not watching TV).

But it's a good point. Unless you are watching TV with a headset and
your spouse is asleep who cares how much noise a fan makes, and most
PCs are pretty quiet when powered down.

But the OP asked a reasonable question, can one build a truly silent
HD frontend, why he wants it is beside the point, it's a technical
challenge.