[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 23:49:19 UTC 2007

On 1/27/07, Gary M <garymcm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>

> > And you're positive the cable is DVI-D and not -A?
> >

> Yeah 100% sure. Not only because it says so on the box, but also
> because the DVI-A --> VGA dongle works out of the card, but not the
> DVD-D cable.

Is the connector on the TV DVI-D only? (Compare with the pictures at
http://www.playtool.com/pages/dvicompat/dvi.html). If so, then the cable
will not fit unless it is a DVI-D cable: DVI-A and DVI-I cables won't plug
in.

The fact that the dongle works but not the cable doesn't prove that the
cable doesn't carry analog - it could be that the TV only accepts digital
signals via DVI (this is common).

Steve