[mythtv-users] Problem with ogm and MythVideo

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 02:48:40 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Bradley Remedios <bremedios at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you are using mplayer to play back media files from MythVideo, have
> > you tried to use the internal player instead?
>
> Not for ogm's but I have for other media files before.  Its weird
> though that mplayer does play ogm's on its own, and mythvideo works
> fine for mpg, avi, mkv and vob files.
>
> I'll give it a try, but I didn't think that the internal player would
> work with container formats such as ogm.  Additionally, I'm plagued
> with the ATI problem and haven't had a chance to compile myth from
> scratch yet.  So I really need to stay with something that uses OpenGL
> to display the graphics.

I just some more ogm's to try it out.  And the weird thing is with the
new ones MythVideo can play it correctly.  This is really becoming
weird, as I have no idea what would cause MythVideo to not play a set
of ogm files with mplayer (that mplayer can play) but successfully
play a different set of ogm files.

I was thinking that maybe what is happening is that the file location
that MythVideo is sending to mplayer is actually incorrect. Is there
an easy way for me to double check what the file location that it is
sending to mplayer is?

The file names and paths don;t actually have any spaces in them, but
the filename is long.

Any advice is appreciated
--
Bradley Remedios