[mythtv-users] Audio isn't working in MythTv, but it is in TvTime

Jason Barnett jbarnett74 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 27 05:37:11 UTC 2007

I believe my tv card may not do audio encoding, but I do have a cable from
my tv card to the line in of my audio card.  Again, I've tested my
configuration using TvTime and that both video and sound work fine.  I'm
using the saa7134 driver, with options set to card=65 and tuner=54

My sound card is an onboard Nvidia CK804 with the Realtek ALC850 rev 0
chipset (according to the headings in ALSA Mixer).  It's integrated with the
Abit KN8 Ultra motherboard I'm using.  I am using the line out to desktop
speakers.

When I run "dmesg | grep saa7134" I get:
"saa7134 IR (V-Stream Studio TV  as /class/input/input4"

I'm not sure what more to say, other than I'm new to Linux and I appreciate
your patience.  : )