[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Henry S. Greenside hsg at phy.duke.edu
Sat Jan 27 19:22:59 UTC 2007

To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: xorg.conf problem: how to get TV out on NVIDIA 5200 card? So close...
From: hsg at phy.duke.edu (Henry S. Greenside)
Date: 27 Jan 2007 14:22:58 -0500

Following the nice instructions of Jared I finished
putting together a KDE/Fedora Core 6-based mythtv
0.20-150 system using a Hauppauge PVR-500 card and
verifed that the software and hardware worked fine
before connecting it to my 32" analog TV.

However, when I booted up the mythtv, the TV screen
duplicatd what was on the LCD screen (confirming there
was output on the svideo port of the video card) until
X was invoked, at which point the TV screen went blank
while the LCD screen showed the mythtv frontend
appearing. So somehow the 5200 card is failing to
forward a signal to its svideo port once X is fully
invoked.

I include my xorg.conf file below and would greatly
appreciate any help about how to get the 5200 card to
talk to the TV via its svideo output.

So close to getting this all working...

    Thanks,

    Henry

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"