[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 20:32:45 UTC 2007

On 27/01/07, Henry S. Greenside <hsg at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: xorg.conf problem: how to get TV out on NVIDIA 5200 card? So close...
> From: hsg at phy.duke.edu (Henry S. Greenside)
> Date: 27 Jan 2007 14:22:58 -0500
>

> Following the nice instructions of Jared I finished
> putting together a KDE/Fedora Core 6-based mythtv
> 0.20-150 system using a Hauppauge PVR-500 card and
> verifed that the software and hardware worked fine
> before connecting it to my 32" analog TV.
>
> However, when I booted up the mythtv, the TV screen
> duplicatd what was on the LCD screen (confirming there
> was output on the svideo port of the video card) until
> X was invoked, at which point the TV screen went blank
> while the LCD screen showed the mythtv frontend
> appearing. So somehow the 5200 card is failing to
> forward a signal to its svideo port once X is fully
> invoked.
>
> I include my xorg.conf file below and would greatly
> appreciate any help about how to get the 5200 card to
> talk to the TV via its svideo output.

I don't run an nVidia card, but it looks like you are running X in
single head mode (primary screen only) as your xorg.conf file shows:

> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier     "single head configuration"

You will need to use the nVidia configuration utility to configure a
suitable dual-head mode, depending on whether you want cloned screens
or separate desktops on each output.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: