[mythtv-users] AACS Cracked Already

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jan 27 22:17:51 UTC 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 3:01 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>> OTOH they *are* the copyright owners, and to some extent have a moral
>> right to do whatever they want, even if it stinks.
>
> I would argue that their right is legal, not moral.

I see your point, I guess it's both.

If you create something you own it, and can morally do whatever you
want with it IMHO. Of course it's more complicated than that, the
folks causing the trouble are not really the "creators" but the
owners, and they may well have used immoral tactics to become the
owners.

Offer me a reasonable product for a reasonable price and I will
respect your "rights". Be a jerk about it and I may not, but I will
recognize that if I violate the "law of the land" I may have to face
the consequences.