[mythtv-users] Gentoo 64bit and MythTV completely compatible?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 28 01:18:08 UTC 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 6:07 PM, Richard Freeman wrote:

> At this point as long as you don't have any major blockers I'd
> probably
> just go with amd64.

A nice analysis, one problem you haven't mentioned, which is probably
pretty rare.

The NDAS drivers for the Ximeta NAS devices do not compile on a 64-
bit platform, and trying to use the 32-bit ones is a bit
problematical (though I haven't tried very hard I admit).

So in addition to the Flash problem, which doesn't bother me, I can't
at present access my NDAS devices from my 64-bit Gentoo box.

As I said, a rare and somewhat trivial problem, but something to be
aware of, but it certainly should bother a typical Myth installation.