[mythtv-users] XvMC causes "Failed to Reinit Video" on nForce 6150

Edward Coffey edward.coffey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 13:38:09 UTC 2007

Aha! I wrestled with this all day and finally got a result - I had
only allocated 16MB of RAM to the 6150 video chipset. Once I upped it
to 128MB, XvMC worked fine (well, almost). It's now running fine on
64MB, but doesn't seem to work on 32MB.

I might end up posting the remaining issues in a new thread if I can't
find any answers tomorrow, but in case anyone reads this in the mean
time:

The OSD shows up in grayscale, is it possible to fix that? (yes, I've
read the hack in the current docs, but from the description it sounds
unlikely to work with the 6150 chipset).

Also, on one channel (TEN HD, Melbourne, Australia), the OSD never
quite fades away, leaving a light-colored, semi-transparent overlay,
then the whole frontend locks up. It may just be coincidence, but TEN
HD is the only 1920x1080i broadcast in my area - other formats that
work fine are 720x576i, 720x576p, 1280x720p and 1440x1080i.

Thanks,
Ed.