[mythtv-users] ati frglx and composite video out

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 16:58:03 UTC 2007

On 28/01/07, William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I cannot get my radeon RV350 based card to output composite video.
>
> aticonfig suggested:
>
>         Option      "TVFormat" "PAL-B"
>         Option      "TVStandard" "VIDEO"
>         Option      "TVHSizeAdj" "0"
>         Option      "TVVSizeAdj" "0"
>         Option      "TVHPosAdj" "0"
>         Option      "TVVPosAdj" "0"
>         Option      "TVHStartAdj" "0"
>         Option      "TVColorAdj" "0"
>         Option      "GammaCorrectionI" "0x00000000"
>         Option      "GammaCorrectionII" "0x00000000"
>         # === OpenGL specific profiles/settings ===
>         Option      "Capabilities" "0x00000000"
>         Option      "CapabilitiesEx" "0x00000000"
>         # === Video Overlay for the Xv extension ===
>         Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
>         # === OpenGL Overlay ===
>         Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
>         # === Center Mode (Laptops only) ===
>         Option      "CenterMode" "on"
>         # === Pseudo Color Visuals (8-bit visuals) ===
>         Option      "PseudoColorVisuals" "off"
>         Option      "ForceMonitors" "tv"
>         Option      "EnableMonitor" "tv"
>
> The card worked fine into a PC monitor, but I had only one instance of
> tvout working (B&W, initial boot screen only) and I cant even get that
> back!

What is your MonitorLayout set to? In an old (FC2) working fglrx
config, I had mine set to

Option "MonitorLayout"              "NONE, STV"

> Cables could also be part of the problem: what pinout does the ati use
> for composite from the svideo type plug?

If a 4 pin plug, pins 3 and 4 merged (mixing the luminance and
chrominance). If a 7 pin, then pin 6 can provdie a dedicated composite
video output. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-video.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: