[mythtv-users] ACPI problems with Ubuntu

Sebastian Buks sebastianbuks at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 15:26:18 UTC 2007

I have a problem with ACPI and Ubuntu (actually FC6 too). At
installation boot I have to set it acpi=off otherwise it will stall,
I've also set it to off in BIOS. Then when I finally got the system
running it wont shut down properly. It just unloades modules and holds,
with black screen. I then manually have to press the powerbutton. My
mobo is a MSI K9NGM2-FID, is the problem that its too "new"? Works good
under WinXP, also having powermanagement would be rather nice...

Ideas?