[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy trunk packages available

jafa jafa at silicondust.com
Mon Jan 29 17:18:06 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have added a Ubuntu Edgy 32-bit build of MythTV (top of trunk) to our
build process.

New packages will be compiled and released approximately once a week
aligned to the weekend.

Instructions:

Run Synaptic Package Manager.
Choose Settings, Repositories.
Tick "Universe" and "Multiverse".
Go to the Third Party tab. Click "Add".
APT line: "deb http://www.silicondust.com/ubuntu ./" (no quotes)

Reload.
Install "mythtv" and "myththemes" (optional).
Leave the password blank when asked for the root password for mysql
(unless you have set a password in mysql)

MythTV forum for the HDHomeRun:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

If you are running 64-bit Edgy and would like to run top of trunk 64-bit
packages then please let me know - we are currently debating whether to
compile 64-bit versions as well.

Nick