[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jan 29 20:56:20 UTC 2007

Phill Wiggin wrote:

> Basically, what I'm saying is, this is a user list. not a power-user
> list, not a dev-list.  Many users are the kinds of people that want
> something to work, but aren't necessarily interested/able to track
> down and understand all the nuances of the entire Linux experience.

A suggestion:

set up a second list, mythtv-cafe, for gosip/OT/whatever.  On the cafe
list, people can discuss anything from football scores to file system.
Keep mythtv-users for on-topic myth stuff.

That way, if you're offended by OT stuff, just point people at the cafe
list.

Myth, by its very nature, tends to baptise people by fire, so we become
more of a community than just users, and some may feel more comfortable
posting OT questions here....

--Yan