[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 21:32:33 UTC 2007

> I can't recall ever seeing a web forum that's more useful than a mailing
> list or newsgroup yet.

you have never been over at gentoo forums?....Active forum community can be quite powerful. I think what I miss is the simplicity in the fact that I get an email when someone replies to my question, I don't have to poll the forums. I don't have to keep deleting unwanted email (although its in a separate folder) or keep polling or searching for my thread amid the traffic. There can be so many threads here which are junk mail for me or for so many others.

devs don't need to visit forums to solve real problems (I doubt any of them look at users list, but if they do, they are wasting precious cycles answering tuner recommendations or xorg.conf screw ups)....they need to visit trac or bugzilla. At least I am convinced of gentoo way of dealing with this, where there are forums for user problems and lists for devs for code fixes. But I think I will shut up now...:-)

-devsk