[mythtv-users] Time issues with recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:10:24 UTC 2007

On 29/01/07, Paul Lewis <apflewis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/01/07 21:24:21, Paul Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         Even though I have ntp setup and synchronizing my mythtv
> backend, I find my recordings are starting a few minutes
> early. Is there any benefit to synchronizing to the DVB signal time
> using dvbdate? In itself starting the recording early is not a problem,
> but it usually leads to the recording ending early, that is a pain.
>
> As I only have two tuners in the system, often if I programme
> the system to end the recording late, it tends to clash with another
> schedule.

Are your recordings starting to record early (e.g. 20:58 instead of
21:00) or are the stations starting programs late (21:02 instead of a
published 21:00 start)?

I know from experience that in the UK, UKTV Food seems to start
programs on the :29 and :59 minutes of the hour, so for any recordings
on that channel I set specific start early/finish late timings.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/