[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 29 23:31:33 UTC 2007

On Jan 29, 2007, at 3:52 PM, John Drescher wrote:

> I have not tried sort by date but filter by date does not work for me
> with google. As Google has this but them says that articles written in
> 2004 were new. I just did a search for mythtv ivtv and had google
> restrict the search to articles in the last 3 months and one of the
> links it gave me was
> http://www.oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2004-March/037777.html which is
> obviously not new although I admit this was on the 10th page but not
> written in the last 3 months...

I wonder if the "date" that google is aware of is when their robot
last found the page, not when it was created?

Plus there are all sorts of tricks some outfits use to try and get
their page to show up closer to the top of a google search then it
has a right to, including text the same color as the background and 1
point fonts. I wouldn't expect this sort of thing with the type of
thing you're talking about but you never know, especially if the page
has any advertising on it that pays by the "view".

If a page shows up where you don't expect it you might view the html
source to see if somebody's being "tricky".