[mythtv-users] AACS Cracked Already

Jack Madison jack at webhouse.cc
Tue Jan 30 00:50:22 UTC 2007

That's basically my point.  Personally, I've bought hundreds of DVDs and
don't pirate anything, just not worth the hassle.  My price point is
around $10 for most movies, which I get by buying previously viewed
movies from blockbuster (buy 2 get the 3rd free), or $20 for something I
really want.  Lower that to $5 and you'll hit a lot more people's price
point, and save all the money spent trying to fight piracy which
obviously just doesn't work.  You will always have piracy, there are
people that do it for fun, or to collect movies they will never watch,
etc.  Plus, at $5 there would be a lot more movies sold to people that
currently rent or otherwise just can't afford to watch them.  Not
everyone that can't afford movies is able to download pirate versions
off the net.

Thoughts of the "just shut up" thread are flowing through my mind, this
will be my last message on this subject.