[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 04:27:08 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> >mythtv-users is way, way, way too busy. My archive of digests for the
> >first six months of 2006 contains 1110 digests, each averaging about
> >25 messages. That's 27,750 messages for those six months alone, or
> >about 152 a day (!). gossamer-threads.com says there have been 168,729
> >messages since the list started back in 2003 or so. This is an
> >almost-overwhelming volume for even a speedreader like me.
>
> If you feel the urge to actually read each and every message, that's
> YOUR problem, not anyone else's. Using a threaded mailreader, this
> list should be more than managable to anyone who doesn't feel that
> same urge.

That's fine if you're prepared to accept the consequence of the high volume,
which is that people who can answer the questions might not read every
message. The more people who help themselves by searching archives, wiki,
google etc before asking here, the more likely people are to get help when
they do have to resort to asking here.

Steve